Thursday, March 29, 2007
I am not an ambulance driver
So I got to ride with the ambulance crew. No, they would not let me drive. Yes, I really did (sorta) want to drive (just a teeny way and maybe hit the sirens just a time or two)...anyway....we didn't do any of the really cool and fun stuff that they sometimes get to do. Mostly we were a taxi that day. Seven hours of triage...seems like a LOOONNNNGGG time when your waiting and wishing you could get this granny off your bed and get to the GOOD calls like smashed cars and cardiac arrests. No, you are in triage with granny who seems a little more confused today than she was for the last FIVE freakin' years that she's had ADVANCED alzheimers. (not that granny shouldn't get the best medical care we have to offer-but emergency rooms should be for EMERGENCIES and EMS should not be used as a granny shuttle) Have I gone to the dark side? (no Johnny) but I am seeing things in a new light.....flashing red ones on top of a big blue and white ambulance....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment